We create the buildings of tomorrow, so our clients and communities thrive today.
At our core, we’re creators who bring local ingenuity and global vision to everything we build. From our unique ability to transform spaces into places, to our resourcefulness in meeting the diverse needs of businesses and investors, our performance is powered by inventive teams with an entrepreneurial mindset.
When you join TCC, you’re joining a dedicated team of people who are committed to upholding our RISE (Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence) Values. Our RISE values fuel our mission for a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace so our people, our business partners and the communities in which we build: thrive. TCC’s performance is powered by our most powerful asset—our people. Comprised of teams possessing passion, innovation, and a visible culture of excellence, we are actively seeking talent with diverse backgrounds and experiences across all industries to apply for open positions.
At Trammell Crow Company, we have built our business – and reputation – by hiring great people.
We believe outstanding, capable and dedicated employees have laid the foundation of our success and are our most valuable asset. Trammell Crow Company cultivates an environment that empowers its employees to be the best.
Our Business Services Administrator position is in our Phoenix, AZ office. This position will perform accounting and financial management functions for a publicly held real estate development company. Duties include monthly draw requests to capital partners and lenders using a proprietary draw module, provide project managers with project cost reporting and forecasting analysis vs budget, invoice monthly development fee revenues, monitor and forecast business unit financial results vs budget and assist with underwriting, due diligence and accounting setup on pursuits and transaction closings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Monthly Project Reporting, Funding Requests and Other Essential Duties (include but are not limited too):
- Coordinate timely submittal of monthly project debt/equity funding requests using the Elite draw module
- Responsibility for variance analysis, contract tracking, budget adjustments, contingency tracking and forecasting of committed costs based on communication with the project manager.
- Equity prove-up support to lenders
- Work with and support TCC development managers, TCC corporate accounting group and lender/capital partner representatives
- Monitor draw funding status and payment of corresponding disbursements to ensure payment deadlines are met
- Reconciliation of costs per draw reports to the general ledger to verify all costs incurred have been funded
- Ability to work efficiently in various accounting software packages as required by TCC, partners and clients
- Maintain business unit and project accounting files
- Knowledge of development agreements, joint venture agreements and loan agreements to ensure compliance
- Produce a variety of routine and ad hoc accounting reports or projections for TCC, partner or client uses as needed
- Maintain project information in the Elite Asset Management System for in-process, pipeline and pursuit projects
- Responsibility for processing BU accounts payable, employee expense reports and vendor maintenance requests
- Coordinate with Corporate Accounting for bank account setups for new projects.
- Initiate/track project insurance requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Real Estate Finance preferred
- Prior project management/coordination experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to both internal and external constituents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
- Requires basic knowledge of accounting/financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages, as well as financial metrics like IRR, yield on costs, debt service constant, etc.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES:
- Strong skills in Excel to create, modify, and import/export spreadsheets for financial modeling. Works well with others on project teams, and able to train others in using accounting software packages.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: